Last Updated: APR 6, 2022
Hi Captains! Recently we've received feedback regarding issues of Honkai Impact 3rd PC Version downloads, updates and crashes. Please kindly note that Honkai Impact 3rd PC Version will be updated in v5.6, and Ai-chan is here to address all your questions before and after the update!
※※※※ Honkai Impact 3rd PC Version System Requirements ※※※※
OS: Windows 10 1903 and newer versions
Processor: Intel Core i5-8400, AMD Ryzen R5-1600 or other similar processors
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 15 GB available space
OS: Windows 7 SP1 x64
Processor: Intel Core i3-6100, AMD FX-6300 or other similar processors
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 15 GB available space
※※※※ Honkai Impact 3rd PC FAQs ※※※※
In future Honkai Impact 3rd updates, KB3033929 will become an essential component of the game. We recommend Captains who are using Windows 7 to update the patch as soon as possible. Starting from APR 6, 2022, the PC launcher will automatically install relevant components if you are using Windows 7.
★ PC Launcher Extension Installation FAQs
Q1: PC launcher indicates "The extensions required for running the game failed to be installed (1058)".
1. Hold down Windows Key and press R to open "Run" window, where you enter services.msc and click OK to open "Service" window.
2. In the "Service" window, double-click on "Windows Update".
3. In the pop-up window, select Manual for "Startup type", then click Apply and OK.
4. Exit Honkai Impact 3rd PC launcher (Make sure you exit the program, not minimize to system tray).
5. Restart the Honkai Impact 3rd PC launcher and it will automatically install the patches required.
6. After successfully installing, reboot the computer as directed by the pop-up window.
Q2: PC launcher indicates that "The extensions required for running the game failed to be installed (-2145124297)".
1. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148, and download the patch Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.
2. Change the suffix of Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.msu to Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.cab, and decompress it into a new folder (do not decompress into the default download folder).
3. Hold down Windows Key and press R to open "Run" window, where you enter cmd and click OK to open Command Prompt.
4. In Command Prompt, enter dism /online /add-package /packagepath: "X:\route\filename.cab" and then press Enter to install.
(For example, if you decompressed files to the "update" folder of Disk D, then please enter dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"D:\update\Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.cab")
★ PC launcher FAQs
Q3: PC launcher does not respond when clicked.
1. Double-click on launcher.exe in the file directory and observe if there are any dump files generated in the launcher's file directory. If so, please include the dump file and the logs folder of launcher installation file directory in a new folder. Send the new folder to our customer service as feedback (only send logs folder if there are no dump files).
2. In the launcher installation file directory, double-click on "vcredist2013_x64.exe" to install. Go to Microsoft's official website below and download and install the latest VC_redist.x64.exe of the corresponding Visual Studio version. Reboot the game.
Q4: After opening the PC launcher, its main screen glitched (for example, the display is cut off).
A4: Right-click on the PC launcher icon of Honkai Impact 3rd to open Properties. Select [Compatibility] - [Choose the high DPI settings for this program], and then select [High DPI scaling override] and [Application]. Click Apply and OK. Reboot the PC launcher and the glitch will be fixed.
★Game Download and Update FAQs
Q5: When downloading the game, the progress/speed is 0, or the download progress gets stuck and cannot continue.
1. Please check and restore network settings, including VPN, proxy, and hosts files (check if global proxy is enabled).
2. Reboot the computer or right-click on the launcher to open it as Administrator.
Q6: While downloading, a prompt pops up and indicates that "There is not enough space available to complete this operation, please free up space and retry."
A6: Please make sure the disk has at least 15 GB of space available for installing, running and updating the PC version. You can free up space and click retry to continue downloading.
Q7: While downloading, a prompt pops up and indicates "Game files verification error, please click retry to fix it".
A7: Please reboot the computer, and if the issue persists, you can manually clear all the download files and re-download the game (clear the /Games folder of the root directory of the PC launcher).
Q8: After downloading, a prompt indicates that "Game files decompression failed" during installation.
1. Please make sure that there is enough storage space in the disk you are downloading the game in. If not, please free up space and restart the PC launcher to update the game.
2. If there is enough space, please confirm if you are running any antivirus software and whether the files (such as launcher.exe and BH3.exe) in the installation folder of Honkai Impact 3rd are being intercepted. If so, please find the intercepted files in the isolation area of the antivirus software and add them to trust list. You can also exit the antivirus software and restart the PC launcher to install the game.
Q9: After downloading the game, the Start Game button is grayed out.
A9: Please check and restore network settings, including VPN, proxy and hosts files (check if global proxy is enabled).
★ Game Running FAQs
Q10: When launching or running the game, it crashes like the image below shows.
A10: Please refer to the following methods for solutions:
1. Make sure the system and the graphics card support DirectX 11 and newer versions. If so, please update the graphics card driver and reboot the game.
2. Remove all USB devices (such as console controllers) except for the keyboard & mouse. Reboot the computer and the game.
3. Open Registry Editor (hold down Windows Key and press R to open "Run" window, where you enter regedit to open it), and delete all the contents in the directory of \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\miHoYo\Honkai Impact 3rd. Open File Manager and delete all the contents in the directory of %systemdrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\miHoYo\Honkai Impact 3rd. Reboot the game.
4. If the issue persists after trying the two forementioned methods, please find output_log.txt and Crashes folder in the directory of %systemdrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\miHoYo\Honkai Impact 3rd, include both in a new folder and send it to [Customer Service] as feedback.
Q11: When launching the game, a prompt pops up and indicates that [Windows Defender failed to initialize] or [Windows Defender error]. The game cannot be launched.
A11: Please close all functioning anti-virus software, reboot the computer, and restart the game. If the issue persists, please contact customer service.
Q12: When launching the game, a prompt pops up and indicates that [This application failed to start because it could not find xxx140.dll]. The game cannot be launched.
A12: Go to the Microsoft's official website below and download and install the latest VC_redist.x64.exe. Reboot the game.
Q13: When the game is launched, it stays at the miHoYo logo page and there is a black screen. The game cannot be launched.
A13: Go to the Microsoft's official website below and download and install the latest VC_redist.x64.exe. Reboot the game.
Q14: After the game is launched, it is stuck on the [Connecting to the network] page.
A14: Please check and restore network setting, including VPN, proxy and hosts files. (check if Global Proxy or Game Accelerator has been enabled) Open Registry Editor (hold down Windows Key and press R to open "Run" window, where you enter regedit to open it), and delete all the contents in the directory of \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\miHoYo\Honkai Impact 3rd. Open File Manager and delete all the contents in the directory of %systemdrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\miHoYo\Honkai Impact 3rd. Reboot the game.
Please feel free to contact customer service for consultation and feedback if you have any questions. Thank you for your understanding and support!
Customer Service Mailbox:
Last Updated: JAN 13, 2020
Greetings, Captains! We have received some feedback on technical issues after launching the PC version, and Ai-chan will answer them in today's episode on behalf of the HQ!
If a pop-up window with a numerical title appears when the client is running, please check for any mutually exclusive software that is running at the same time, e.g. other games, virtual machines, antivirus software, or steam.
Cannot Launch Game
Please check if you are using a preview release of Windows. Press the Windows Key + R to open the [Run] dialog box and enter [winver] to scan. The PC client of HI3 does not currently support Windows preview releases.
If you encounter the following pop-up windows and the game crashes, please send your crash report to our customer support by email as an attachment.
Output file path: C:\Users\xxx (Computer Name)\AppData\LocalLow\miHoYo\ Honkai Impact 3rd\output_log.txt
Cinematics Missing Subtitles
Please ensure all resources have been properly downloaded. If cinematic subtitles are still missing, please proceed to the installation directory: Honkai Impact 3rd\Games\BH3_Data\StreamingAssets\Video and decompress all compressed files. You may also fix this issue by clicking the upper-left personal info section and then the bottom CG button to auto-decompress all downloaded cinematic subtitle files.
P.S. If you experience bugged Bridge Valkyrie interactions, please change your system language and system time to ENGLISH (USA) or ENGLISH (UK).
Honkai Impact 3rd PC version now supports most of the mainstream controllers. If you encounter any problem when using controller, please kindly report to our official CS mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org with the information of your controller as well as the problem you may encounter.